RedGage is the best way to earn real money from your photos, videos, blogs, and links.

Interesting Facts about Water

The water molecule contains only one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms that are connected by covalent bonds. Water is a liquid at standard ambient temperature and pressure, but it often co-exists on Earth with its solid state (ice) and gaseous state (steam or water vapor). Water envelops 71% of the Earth's surface.

15. About 68% of the fresh water that lays on Earth is held in glaciers.

14. Over 3 million people die each year from a water related disease. That is about the size of the entire city of Los Angeles.

13. Around 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up entirely of water.

12. The existence of water is a key ingredient for life on Earth.

11. Well over 1 billion people do not have access to clean and safe water.

10. Only 3% of Earth’s water is fresh water. The rest of the 97% of the water on Earth is actually salt water.

9. The same amount of water on earth is here when the earth was formed. The water that comes from your faucet could contain molecules that Neanderthals drank.

8. Water will freeze at 32° Fahrenheit and boil at 212° Fahrenheit. Water is interesting in that the solid form (ice) is less dense than the liquid form which is why ice floats.

7. About 780 million people live with no clean drinking water.

6. Almost 2 out of 3 people who really need safe drinking water survive on less than 2 dollars a day.

5. People in Africa and Asia have to walk over 3 miles (or 6 Kilometers) to collect water.

4. Water has the ability to dissolve more substances than any other liquid which includes sulfuric acid.

3. When a baby is born, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of the infant’s body weight.

2. The 3 largest oceans on Earth are as follows: the Pacific Ocean (largest), the Atlantic Ocean (2nd largest) and the Indian Ocean (3rd largest).

1. The average toilet uses 8 liters of clean water in a single flush.

For more fun water facts, please visit Healthy Water Guide.

Thanks. Your rating has been saved.
You've added this content to your favorites.
Make money on RedGage just like simonhopes!