Authentic Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
An Authentic Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
Mexican food is very popular due to its variety of flavors and its colorful food. A great thing to know is that the spices and ingredients that are used for their cooking are mostly from their very own country.
Similarly, the Mexican culture is as colorful and as varied as its cuisine. From this, I made a decision to visit Mexico one day. Primarily, as a food addict, I want to visit Mexico to treat my palette. A lot of my friends and acquaintances tell me how wonderful the place is and, not to mention, how amazingly delicious the food is.
I just have to visit the place for myself! I am pretty sure I will make that "once in a lifetime" trip into a "two in a lifetime" trip in the future. I hope that I will be able to have enough money as well as time soon. Nevertheless, I will have to save up for it and work double time.
Among all the Mexican recipes that I have had the opportunity to taste, one dish really stood out and made a mark. It was among the simplest of the ones that I have had. I never predicted that it would be among my favorites.
It was called Mexican chicken soup. It was absolutely the tastiest soup I have tasted in my life! I just had to know how to cook it. So as a tradition, I requested for the recipe and I even got to speak with the chef who prepared the soup.
This Mexican chicken soup is heavily packed with all that you need for the entire day since it is high in protein and carbohydrates. Usually, the dish is served as an appetizer. Mexican chicken soup is eaten almost everywhere in Mexico.
If you ask the people, everyone knows how to cook it even the men! They eat and serve it as comfort food or it could be served as a welcome dish or perhaps food for the sick. An added bonus is that not only is it packed with protein and carbohydrates; it is also full of vitamins and minerals that will perfectly fit your menu for a well balanced diet.
The Ingredients for an Authentic Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- 3 large carrots
- 2 large white potatoes
- 1 piece of medium sized chicken breast (remove the skin but do not discard it since we are still going to use it for the recipe)
- ½ medium sized white onion
- 5 stems of cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 pieces of medium sized lime
- 2 pieces of medium sized squash
- 1 whole corn on a cob
- Instant rice (the one that cooks in 10 minutes)
- Soft corn tortillas
- Fresh Jalapeno pepper
The Method for Cooking an Authentic Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- Before anything else, make sure that you have with you a really big pot that is about 5 liters in capacity. Well, if you do not own one, I suggest you buy one first.
- Go ahead and clean, wash and rinse the chicken as well as the vegetables.
- Using your large pot, fill it with about 3 liters of water.
- Place the pot on the stove. Turn on the stove on high heat. After that, mix in the onion, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. An important note that you should keep in mind is that when you are not adding in ingredients, your pot should be covered all the time.
- Add in the chicken. (You can add the chicken whole or you can opt to divide it into tiny bits or pieces)
- Cut up your potatoes but make sure not to slice them too small so that they do not disintegrate in the soup.
- Slice the corn on the cob into slices that are approximately 3 centimeters wide. Then, add this into the pot.
- Cover the pot and let it cook until it comes to a boil but let it just boil for a few minutes. Then, cut the squash and add it into the pot.
- Slice the carrots into tiny pieces and add it into the pot as well.
- Mix everything by stirring the mixture.
- Then, double check if the other vegetables are already cooked.
- If the pot is boiling strongly, make sure to reduce the heat to medium. Leave the pot to boil for another 10 minutes or so.
- 13. Make sure that the carrots are not too soft to the point that it has already turned mushy. They just need to be soft but not too soft.
- After that, add in around 2 cups of instant rice. Since the ingredients are for 8 servings, verify at the box of the instant rice regarding the number of cups you should add. However, normally, it has to be around 2 cups based on experience.
- Then, cook the soup mixture some more up until the rice is already cooked and ready to eat.
- Finally, to conclude this authentic Mexican chicken soup, chop up some cilantro, onions and jalapeno pepper and dust or sprinkle it on top of the soup. After that, squeeze in lime. Prepare you corn tortilla to eat together with the soup. By doing so, you will be able to have that total traditional and authentic Mexican experience! Know that the Mexicans pair everything they eat together with the tortillas. It is basically part of their heritage.
There you go! An authentic Mexican chicken soup recipe for you to try at home. My Mexican experience feels almost complete thanks to this recipe that I shared with you. I hope that I will be able to visit the country soon.
My palette is craving for more Mexican food to taste and more Mexican recipes to try. All in all, I do hope that I shared something useful with you. Once you get the chance to visit Mexico, do try out this dish. Also, share your recipes as well so that more people will know of the richness of the Mexican cuisine as well as the Mexican culture that it reflects.
Looking for a great place to share your writing bug? Why not try here!
Looking for a banner exchange that pays you? 1-800 Banners is for You.
Recipe Binders to Store Homemade Recipes In
Sign Up for the Recipe Publishing Network Newsletter
If mouthwatering Mexican meals are something you are interested in, perhaps you will enjoy the Recipe Publishing Network newsletter. Our twice-a-month newsletter covers many kinds of cooking and recipe ideas, from all the RPN sites. Each newsletter has a different theme, to inspire and interest you, and perhaps to teach you something new about food or cooking. The newsletter contains cooking tips and tricks, as well as a completely unique recipe not found on any of our websites. Please click the button below to be taken to the RPN Blog signup page. We never rent, sell or trade your personal information, as we here at RPN understand it is a privilege to be able to contact you with our insight.
About the AuthorRecipe PublishingInterests: I enjoy sharing quick and easy home made recipes. My favorites are Mexican Recipes, Pizza Recipes, and Simple Desserts. Thanks for viewing my collection of home made recipes. Website:Recipe Publishing Blog